Golden Spoon Award
Some competitors will be vying for the brand new Golden Spoon Award, as determined by a panel of VIP judges in a blind taste test the week before the event. Trophies will be awarded for Best:
- Meat Chili
- Vegetarian Chili
- Fruit Salsa
- Traditional Salsa
Meet our distinguished panel of Golden Spoon judges:
- Jan Rosen, restaurateur and owner of 256 North
- Chris Beerman, Brewster’s Beer Garden chef and partner
- Corinne Asturias, Features Editor for the Press Democrat
- Mark Yuwiler, owner of upcoming local restaurant Chili Joe’s
- Julie Lederhaus, food writer for Argus-Courier
Drop off chili and salsa on Tuesday May 15th between 1-2pm at 256 North (256 Petaluma Blvd North), judging begins at 2pm.
Winners will be announced at the Chili Cook-Off on May 19th.
People’s Choice Awards
As always, the main competition during the Chili Cook-Off is Upon entering the event, guests will receive voting ballots for Best Meat Chili, Best Vegetarian Chili, Best Fruit Salsa, Best Traditional Salsa and Best Beer. By giving a ballot to a team during the event, the guest votes for that team as the best in their field for the “People’s Choice” awards. Votes are tallied at 4:15 and trophies will be given to the winners in each category.