Chili + Salsa Information
- Any business, restaurant/caterer, service group, non-profit or individual may enter the Great Chili Cook-Off, Salsa & Beer Tasting.
- Each entry covers a team of 4 people. Additional helpers need to pay admission fee.
- Teams may prepare any and all dishes in the 4 categories: Meat Chili, Vegetarian Chili, Traditional Salsa, Fruit Salsa.
- Creative team names, costumes and booth decorating are encouraged. Have fun with it!
- All Chili participants compete for People’s Choice Awards in Favorite Meat Chili, Vegetarian Chili, Traditional Salsa, Fruit Salsa, and Beer. Tasters have 4-5 vote tickets (beer tasters get an extra) and put a ticket in the labeled bucket for their favorite offering in each category. Voting closes at 4pm.
- Competitors also have the option to vie for Golden Spoon Awards, judged by a panel of culinary professionals in a blind-taste test two weeks before the Chili Cook-Off. Please confirm your interest in Golden Spoon professional judging upon registration.
- All awards will be announced on May 19.
- We suggest teams pre-make 10-12 gallons of chili or 3 gallons of salsa to bring to the site, or prepare on site.
- Chili must be kept hot (165 degrees) on an outside grill or cooker and served from one SMALL, modern electric stove, crock pot or chafing dish at your booth.
- Maximum electrical output is 5 amps. Please confirm as large/multiple crock pots will blow fuses.
- No gas burners or fumes inside the building, however you may set these up outside and have your teammates bring batches inside for the crock pot.
- We offer a discount for chili cooks only using Sterno requiring no electricity. No Sterno discount for salsa.
- The outside circle wall of Herzog Hall is reserved for teams who want to hang a banner behind them.
Ask for inner circle if you don’t need a wall. All Salsa and all Sterno users will be on the inside circles.
- Challengers must bring all their own supplies. We suggest: 2oz. plastic taster cups available from restaurant suppliers, spoons, chips, napkins, table cloth, etc.
- We provide one 3’x8′ table and 4 chairs. You may bring your own table of equivalent size.
- Only ONE table or space per team. Space is at a premium.
- Business/Restaurant/Caterer fee: $75
Service Organization/Non-Profits/Individual Team fee: $65
Fire/Police/First Responders: NO FEE
- There is a $10 discount for waiving access to electricity for your Chili by using Sterno with chafing dishes.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and apply solely to the current year.
- COMPLETE REGISTRATION FIRST. Register first, then pay your fee to secure your spot. Complete both steps to fully register.
- Click HERE to secure your spot with Visa or MC credit card.
Enter the discount code STERNO to receive $10 off for waiving access to electricity for your Chili.
Make sure the payment name matches your team registration so we can properly credit your team.
- Mail a check with “TeamName/Chili Cook-Off” in the memo line to:
Cinnabar Theater, 3333 Petaluma Blvd N, Petaluma, CA, 94952.
Check signer should match payment name on registration so we can properly credit your team.
- Pay online now or Call Cinnabar Theater with your credit card Tues-Fri between 10:30 am and 2:30 pm. (707) 763-8920